If you're like us, you always have brown bananas filling up the freezer that you plan on baking with "one day." Well, today is that day! We're going to make some peanut butter & banana dog treats, using Doggylicious Peanut Butter available from PETstock. There are three kinds available, all made from human grade ingredients and 100% dog friendly – Original, Calming and Hip, Joint & Coat. For this recipe we will be using the Original Peanut Butter, however this could be switched out for either of the other two!
PREP TIME COOK TIME TOTAL TIME
10 minutes 18 minutes 28 minutes
3 cups traditional oats (we've used Uncle Toby's)
1/3 cup Doggylicious Peanut Butter
2 tablespoons flour (if necessary)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Add oats to food processor and run for 2-3 minutes until almost a flour consistency with a few larger pieces of oats throughout.
3. Mash bananas until smooth.
4. Place oats, Doggylicious Peanut Butter, banana and egg into a bowl & mix using a hand mixer (we used the dough hook attachments). Alternatively you may use a food processor to mix the ingredients together.
5. Mix until a dough is formed (if dough seems a bit dry, add a small amount of Doggylicious Peanut Butter or tablespoon of water until you have desired consistency).
6. Sprinkle countertop with some flour and place dough onto the countertop, roll the dough flat until roughly 0.5cm thick.
7. Using a cookie cutter cut out your dog treats and place onto the lined baking tray. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 16-18 minutes, rotating the tray half way through. Remove from oven once golden brown.
8. Cool treats completely on a cooling rack before giving them to your pup.
Notes: We made 12 x larger treats and 20 x smaller treats from this recipe. For a softer treat, reduce the cooking time.